Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I am successful because of a good team: Dhoni

KOLKATA: Skipper of the No. 1 Test side, Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Tuesday attributed his success to the team and said he was lucky to get a good side.

"I am a successful captain because I have got a good team. Cricket is all about a team game. I have got some great players who back each other, help each other and that really helps the cause of the team," Dhoni said of his side which boasts of Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman and Virender Sehwag.

Asked about India's preparation for the World Cup next year, Dhoni said, "It's about four months away which seems a short time, but we have two series against New Zealand at home and South Africa away, in between. I really hope that the top players don't get injured and are available."

Dhoni was at a promotional programme with wife Sakshi Singh Rawat who hails from Kolkata.

Read more: I am successful because of a good team: Dhoni - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/new-zealand-in-india/interviews/I-am-successful-because-of-a-good-team-Dhoni/articleshow/6816156.cms#ixzz13WwtxqOE

No comments: